We recently told you about the Government of Kenya Infrastructure Bond opportunity (Issue number IFB1/2021/021).
Here are some facts about the opportunity we thought you should know:
- The Government was looking to borrow Kshs 75 Billion.
- The bids received were worth a staggering Kshs 151 Billion.
- Only Kshs 106.8 Billion out of the total bids were eventually accepted.
- Investors will receive refunds amounting to Kshs 44.2 Billion.
- The interest rate on the bond is 12.737%, marginally higher than the 12.5% that we initially anticipated.
How does this opportunity compare to holding money in the bank?
Let’s look at a hypothetical scenario:
This was a brilliant investment opportunity and we’ll keep you apprised about such offerings in the future. Join our community to be the first to know.
PS: Still new to bonds? Learn about what bonds are at Ndovu Academy!
Ndovu is an online platform owned and run by Waanzilishi Capital Limited, an investment adviser licensed by the Capital Markets Authority of Kenya.